Monday, September 1, 2008

My Forrest Gump Day

I took a really long run this morning, the first in over a year and a half. Last year I had a bad knee and could not run during the summer. This year I have gradually run more, but before today, my longest run was only eight miles.

I took my camera, but did not see anything interesting to shoot. However, I do like taking a picture of the junction signs at the point furthest out. (I live at approximately 580W and 520S.)
I checked my route on http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/index.asp?, which is one of several sites that lets you plot running routes, and it came to 15.7 miles. My watch said it took about 157 minutes, so I managed to average ten-minute miles. I ran faster than that the first eight miles, but much slower the last four. My muscles are not too sore, and more important, neither are the joints. However, I have not had energy to do much today.

Now I need to go now and eat some delicious peach oatmeal crisp to get my strength back.

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Wow - I don't think I could run 1 mile!!