Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dessert in the zoo

On Wednesday night I was on the road again to Indianapolis with a bunch of college students for a networking event. Some of our junior and senior students met and mingled alumni, getting a chance to practice their social skills and to hear what life can be like after graduation. I am not sure why they wanted me to go along, but for some reason they do. Maybe they just enjoy seeing how ridiculous I look in a suit and a tie.
This year the event was held on the grounds of the Indianapolis zoo, in the White River Gardens. We were in the Hulman Riverhouse and it had a spectacular view of downtown Indianapolis.
I do not think I was supposed to go there, but there is a large conservatory just off to the side of the hallway, and I stepped in to take a picture, shown below.
The reception had a lot of hors d'oeuvres, including a plate with a lot of different cheeses. I tried the all, even the ones that had green lines in them.
Unfortunately, they did not have either cookies or cake. The only thing that could function as dessert was a tray of cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, and grapes, which were very good and certainly a lot healthier than cookies or cake.

After a couple hours of socializing, it was back on the bus or into the cars to return home. So we left the still-lighted hall to return to our homework and class preparation. And to find some good cookies.

No comments: